Well, not really a minimal viable computer, but my favorite toy. Here are some notes for installation of PostMarketOS onto the N900
Most of this information is available on the wiki But still worth noting some of my difficulties / changes.
- Installing the uboot bootloader required root, and also would only install via the command line. This required installing 'rootsh' from the Maemo Package Manager and then installing uboot via apt-get.
- See previous post for Modifying the ACPI handler to turn off the screen when closing the keyboard and turning it on when opening.
- Compile the OS and setup as per 
- The screen might say that the hardware keyboard isn't supported, but it is, you can enter the encryption passcode on the device.
- The wiki's notes on battery life don't seem to be working for me.
- Best hardware every, just could do with some more ram ;)