Minimal static site generatorMar 30, 2016 in #minimalism #development #ssg
...and it's what generated this page!
I have been looking at a lot of the static site generators out there, but most if not all I can find are just too much and too feature rich for what I want.
The plan is to slowly improve this over time to fit what I Need it to do and nothing more as I am selfish like that.
Written as a single shell script, it currently features:
- Markdown support thanks to the script provided from Daring Fireball
- Page support (such as that very slim about page)
- "Blog" support ie generating another bunch of pages in descending time order
- Add a limit to the number of blog posts and add in an archive page
- Upload to github
- Add in some basic styling